Executive Session pursuant to Section 10-508 (a)(7) of the State Government Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland to consult with counsel to obtain legal advice regarding the Rockville Housing Enterprise’s (RHE) acquisition of Fireside Park Apartments
NOTE: Times given for agenda items are estimates only. Matters may be considered at times other than those indicated. Please check the upcoming Mayor and Council calendar listed after this evening's agenda for future meeting and Drop-in information, including Community' Forum.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Agenda Review
4. City Manager's Report
5. Appointments/Reappointments and Announcements of Vacancies
6. Proclamation Declaring November 2012 as Municipal Government Works Month
7. Proclamation Declaring the Month of November 2012, as Pancreatic Cancer Awareness
8. Proclamation Declaring "Moving Day" on November 8, 2012, on behalf of the Parkinson Foundation of the National Capitol Area
9. Presentation of the Good Neighbor Award Recognition for Mr. Bobby Moore
10. Presentation of the Bicycle Friendly Community Award
11. Citizen's Forum
This time is set aside to hear from any citizen who wishes to address the Mayor and Council. Citizens are asked to keep their remarks to three minutes. Priority will be given to speakers who have signed up in advance by calling the city Clerk's Office at 240-314-8280 by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting and those who are speaking on an agenda item.
12. Mayor and Council's Response to Citizen's Forum and Announcements
13. Mayor and Council Reports
14. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Rockville's application to Montgomery County for $211,000 of Community Development Block Grant funding for Year 39 (FY14)
B. Authorization to File Zoning Text Amendment to Amend Site Plan Procedures
C. Approval of Agreements Related to the City’s Grant of Monetary and Non-Monetary Incentives to Choice Hotels International (“Choice Hotels”) for Choice Hotels to Relocate to the City
15. Discussion of Phase II Revisions to the Sign Regulations (Zoning Ordinance Article 18)
16. Discussion of Capital Improvements Program
17. Adoption of a Resolution to Authorize Rockville Housing Enterprises to Acquire Fireside Park Apartments and Undertake Related Actions Necessary to Complete the Acquisition, Including Borrowing and Accepting Money to Undertake a Housing Project, Entering into a Mortgage, and Establishing a Not-For-Profit Corporation to Own Fireside Park Apartments
18. Decision on Financial Support for Rockville Housing Enterprises' (RHE) Acquisition of Fireside Park Apartments
19. Discussion and Instructions of the Proposed Communication Plan for the Montgomery County Council and County Executive
20. Discussion and Instructions - Second Annual Leave Buyback
21. Discussion and Instructions - Retirement Plan Design Study
22. Review and Comment Mayor and Council Action Report
23. Review and Comment Future Agendas
24. Old/New Business
THERE WILL BE A COMMUNITY FORUM AT EVERY MEETING, UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. When listed, Drop-in will be held in the Council offices from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. All meetings are on Monday evenings unless otherwise indicated. Worksessions in City Hall will be televised.
Please check with the City Clerk's office at 240-314-8280 for any further information.
Any person who requires assistance in order to attend this meeting should call the ADA Coordinator at 240-314-8100.