Meeting No. 04- 13
January 28, 2013
The Mayor and Council will hold a meeting (No. 03-13) at 6:00 pm with the Regal Row Merchants about parking concerns. The meeting will be held in the Black-Eyed Susan Conference Room, at City Hall. The regularly schedule meeting (No. 04-13) will follow at 7:00 pm, in the Council Chambers.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Agenda Review
4. City Manager's Report
5. Appointments/Reappointments and Announcement of Vacancies
6. Presentation - Rockville Economic Development Inc Update
7. Citizen's Forum
This time is set aside to hear from any citizen who wishes to address the Mayor and Council. Citizens are asked to keep their remarks to three minutes. Priority will be given to speakers who have signed up in advance by calling the city Clerk's Office at 240-314-8280 by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting and those who are speaking on an agenda item.
8. Mayor and Council's Response to Citizen's Forum and Announcements
9. Mayor and Council Reports
10. Consent Agenda
A. Award IFB#33-12, Construction of Sanitary Sewer System Rehabilitation in the Amount of $433,858.10.
B. Award of Contract in the Amount of $411,076 for the Purchase of a Jet/Vacuum Sewer Cleaner Vehicle through the National Joint Power Alliance (NJPA) #031710-AMI
C. Award of Invitation for Bid (IFB) 02-13, Social Hall Interior Renovation at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre, Rockville Civic Center Park in the amount of $197,200
D. Pension Plan Amendment - HEART Act Requirements and Plan, Year End Change
E. Introduction of Bond Ordinance to Authorize the Issuance and Competitive Sale of Tax-Exempt 2013A General Obligation Bonds in an Amount Not to Exceed $20,000,000 for the Purpose of Financing the Construction of Water, Sewer, and Stormwater System Improvements as Reflected in the City's FY 2013 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and Related Issuance Costs
F. Introduction of Bond Ordinance to Authorize the competitive Sale of Tax-Exempt 2013B General Obligation Bonds in an Amount Not to Exceed $7,000,000 for the Purpose of Refunding Outstanding Debt Previously Issued in 2003 and Related Issuance Costs
G. Award of Contract for the Purchase of Floor Coverings, Replace, Furnish and Install Through Fairfax County Contract RQ08-972529-22A for the Period Through July 31, 2013, in an Aggregate Amount Not to Exceed $180,000
H. Approval of Minutes
11. Introduction and Adoption of an Ordinance to Adopt an Amendment to the Comprehensive Master Plan for the City of Rockville, Maryland to Adopt by Reference the Entire Montgomery County Heritage Area Management Plan
12. Introduction and Adoption of an Ordinance (Attachment A) to Adopt an Amendment to the Adopted Comprehensive Master Plan for the City of Rockville by Amending the Montgomery County Heritage Area Management Plan to Include a Rockville Chapter (Attachment B)
13. Discussion and Instructions to Staff - Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment TXT2013-00235, To Revise Section 25.07.02 of the Zoning Ordinance to Amend the Procedures for the Filing and Processing of Site Plan Applications in the Town Center Performance District, and to Revise Section 25.07.03 to Require Notice of the Filing of Any Level 2 Site Plan or Project Plan Application to All of the City's Civic Associations and Homeowners Associations; Mayor and Council of Rockville, Applicant
14. Review and Comment Regarding Mayor and Council Action Report
15. Review and Comment Regarding Future Agendas
16. Old/New Business
NOTE: Times given for agenda items are estimates only. Matters may be considered at times other than those indicated. Please check the upcoming Mayor and Council calendar listed after this evening's agenda for future meeting and Drop-in information, including Citizens' Forum.
THERE WILL BE A COMMUNITY FORUM AT EVERY MEETING, UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. When listed, Drop-in will be held in the Council offices from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. All meetings are on Monday evenings unless otherwise indicated. Worksessions in City Hall will be televised.
Please check with the City Clerk's office at 240-314-8280 for any further information.
Any person who requires assistance in order to attend this meeting should call the ADA Coordinator at 240-314-8100.